FIRST FUNDRAISER SUCCESSFUL
03 September 2016: Congratulations to Route Green for a successful first fundraising event. During the annual Shugart Family labor day barbecue, Route Green Board Members, Teresea Shugart and Brian Heller announced the establishment and purpose of Route Green and solicited contributions to help fund Route Green's initial efforts. The response was overwhelming with more than $4000 raised during this organizations first attempt at fundraising. Well done, Teresa and Brian and Thank You to all who made generous contributions.
ABOUT ROUTE GREEN
When: Beginning in 2016
Who: Route Green
What: conducts holistic treatment and healing of wounded Veterans
Where: in North Carolina and beyond
Why: in order to allow wounded Veterans heal, then participate meaningfully in society, live happy and healthy lives, and enjoy meaningful personal and professional relationships with coworkers, friends, and family.
- Establish and sustain Route Green’s capability to conduct operations through a broad and persistent fundraising campaign.
- Locate wounded Veterans who are not responding to conventional methods of treatment.
- Provide a broad range of holistic treatment and wellness services to these wounded Veterans.
- Reduce wounded Veterans' exposure to the treatment protocol which consists solely of a cocktail of pills.
- Succeed in providing healing and wellness to Veterans and their families.
- Veterans traveling on Route Green heal, and thus are better positioned to reintegrate into society, live happy and healthy lives, and enjoy meaningful personal and professional relationships with coworkers, friends, and family.
- Route Green is postured to provide holistic treatment indefinitely.
Concept of the Operation (ConOp). Route Green will conduct its operations in five phases:
Phase 1. Initial Fundraising.
Phase 2. Proof of Concept.
Phase 3. Establishment of the 501c3 NPO.
Phase 4. Fundraising.
Phase 5. Establishment, Conduct, and Growth of the Delivery of Holistic Healing Services.
ABOUT TIM AND TERESA, FOUNDERS OF ROUTE GREEN
Tim is an OEF combat veteran and Purple Heart recipient and was medically retired from the United States Marine Corps after nearly eight years of service. During his time in the Marine Corps, he has seen and experienced the conglomeration of attempts to heal our wounded veterans through trial and error of pharmaceuticals. Teresa introduced Tim to an alternative and safer route, which helps him to manage his symptoms holistically.
Tim now has a degree in Mechanical Engineering and has dreams of designing and manufacturing his own line of firearms.
Teresa holds a Bachelor’s degree in Science and Alternative medicine and holds many other holistic certifications. She has witnessed the flaws in the systems that continually fail our veterans and she has great hopes to help in a much safer and effective manner. Teresa has a heart warming desire to help veterans heal holistically and has had much success in assisting her husband in the same fashion.